Monday 11 November 2013

I got tagged! - 10 questions about me

Okay so my amazing friend Jess over at Girl On Film tagged me in this post to answer some random questions about myself - basically it's time to let the internet know how boring I really am. But seriously, it looks like a really cute tag so have a read if you feel like it :)...

The rules of this tag are:

1.The tagged/nominated blogs have to have under 200 followers.

2.Tag the blog that nominated you.

3.Tell the people you tag so they can respond.

1. What inspired you to start a blog?

Okay this question is going to make for a really uninteresting start to this post. I don't really remember being 'inspired' as such, more I just thought I might as well. If anything it was probably the result of boredom, too much time on my hands and wanting my writing to improve, which I really hope it has. 

2. If you could go back to an era for a day which time era would you go back to?

Definitely 1920s England. Or maybe a little earlier in the 1800s or something. I just really love the fashions, the manners and pretty much everything about that time period. Although, if I actually went there I'd probably end up as some pauper's daughter working on a farm or something like Tess of the D'Urbervilles, or I'd be Daisy the kitchen maid in
Downton Abbey - 4am starts would not be my thing. But yes, mostly I love the manners and the clothing, especially the dresses... and the fact that men wore waistcoats every day :). Plus I think it would be pretty amazing to live at the same time as some of my favourite writers, nerdy as that sounds...

3. Cats or dogs?

Definitely dogs. St Bernard puppies are the cutest things I've ever seen in my life.

4. What is your must have clothing item for Autumn?

I actually have a serious lack of clothes at the moment and I spend most of my life wearing my black skater skirt - not very Autumny. But if I had a job and could afford it the first thing I would buy would be an autumn jumper... and then I'd sit in a window with some tea and a book and watch it snowing outside. I don't even know if it snows in Autumn but I really want to do that anyway.

5. What is your favourite book?

Okay, this one is too hard! I have no idea...and I definitely can't pick just one... Hmmmm, okay so if I had to list some of my favourites I guess I would say Les Miserables because it was one of the first books to have a genuine affect on me and I was unhealthily obsessed with it for a looong time - some would say I still am but I dunno. If anybody wants to shut me up or make me cry all they have to do is mention 'A Tale of Two Cities' because I just can't express my feelings for that book. I adored 'The Book Thief' and 'The Kite Runner', and 'One Day' was pretty good too. 'Life of Pi' took me a while, and two watches of the film, to get in any way at all, but once I'd kind of understood it a little bit I remember thinking it was so clever and probably deserves lots
of re-reads. But I need to move on because otherwise we could be here for days...

6. What is your dream job?

I'm glad this says dream job because every time I think about this in real life my brain
basically explodes into a mess of shouting "I HAVE NO IDEAAAAAA D':" But if I could sing, act and didn't get stupidly nervous I would love to be in loads of West End shows because that just seems like the best job anybody could ever have. But until I magically discover that I have an amazing voice that's been hiding away somewhere for 18 years, my kitchen, and now my car, will have to make do. And all those who can hear will just have to try and block out what sounds like a screeching cat as best they can. Sorry.

7. Is there anything you do that other people find weird?

I become easily obsessed with things that really aren't all that 'normal', so when I then fangirl over whatever that might be people just look at me like I'm some kind of freak (I actually got called a freak when I went to see the Les Mis movie on opening night and went in waving my home-made red flag... andd I'm probably not as embarrassed as I should be..) 

8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?

Not stereotypically at all: PARIS. I adore this place. I'm not even sure why, but it's just so much prettier than anywhere else I've ever been. Also potentially Disney Land, if that's possible, because why not? 

9. Must have make-up item?

I've never been the greatest at doing my make-up, probably because I'm always worried about doing something seriously wrong, even though I know I could just take it off and start again if I wanted. And also make-up is EXPENSIVE!! But anyway, getting to the point, probably mascara because I have the tiniest eyes, or maybe foundation because I hate my skin. One of the two, but please never take them away from me.

10. Favourite quote?

This always used to be: "the greatest happiness in life is the conviction that we are loved, loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves." (Victor Hugo). Because quite honestly if I ever get married I will feel desperately sorry for whoever that man might be. But last Christmas my brother gave me a little notebook which I started filling with cute quotes I like, the idea being if I ever feel down I can get the notebook out and cheer myself up again. But now I have far too many 'favourite quotes'. Including..: "To die will be an awfully big adventure","laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you live", "life is short, break the rules. Forgive quickly, kiss slowly. Love truly, laugh uncontrollably and never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile", "what the world needs is a group hug", and "be so happy that when others look at you they become happy too". Oh, and also anything by Dr Seuss. Yeah, okay I like stupidly cheesy quotes too much.

So that's the end of the tag, I hope you enjoyed learning some completely uninteresting stuff about me. I'm not going to tag anyone but if you like the questions then please feel free to tag yourself and leave me a link in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment